IMPACTS & OUTCOMES
Outcomes from the Blue Economy CRC will include:
- Seafood and renewable energy systems that are robust to offshore conditions.
- Commercially viable seafood and energy products for the domestic and export markets.
- Demonstration of the benefits of co-location and integration of the seafood and renewable energy industries.
- Intellectual property, including products and knowledge, for export
- Future research leaders and a skilled workforce.
Impacts from the Blue Economy CRC will include:
- Seafood production exceeding $5 billion in exports p.a. by 2050
- Positive trade balance in the value of seafood.
- Acceleration of Australia’s emissions intensity reduction target of 65% by 2030 Diversification of Australia’s renewable energy export value chain to include “green” hydrogen.
- Increased investment for ongoing R&D into seafood and energy production.
- Global recognition as a leader in these rapidly developing industries.