RP4 Environment and Ecosystems (EE) Program
Emlyn Jones, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
Operational decisions for offshore/high energy aquaculture and energy generation require accurate and reliable knowledge of current conditions and future system state. There is an extensive array of international models, model analysis tools, forecasting systems and emerging artificial intelligence (AI) methods with the potential to provide useful input to strategic and tactical operational decisions in Australia.
This scoping study will:
- identify Australian aquaculture and energy industry modelling requirements, in terms of products, with a focus on end-user requirements,
- review existing models, analysis tools, forecasting systems and emerging AI methods, and
- identify opportunities for refinement of operational modelling (including the prediction of extreme events) and forecasting products to meet user needs.
This study will inform industry and researchers of current capabilities and useful future research.
- BMT Commercial Australia Pty Ltd
- Carnegie Clean Energy Limited
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
- Griffith University
- Huon Aquaculture Company Pty Ltd
- Tassal Group Limited
- University of Western Australia